If you’re thinking about hiring a home watch company but this isn’t something you’ve done in the past, you may be wondering the types of questions you should ask in addition to the types of things you should look for.
Remember- each home watch service is not like the next.
A professional company will do more than pick up your mail and water your houseplants. They should provide a full range of absentee homeowner inspections and/or unoccupied residence inspections.
What that means
When a homeowner is away for an extended period of time because they’re traveling, or they live in another state, there are any number of things that could go wrong within the household.
If the roof sustains storm damage, the damage will need to be addressed promptly before it starts to negatively impact the entire roofing system. If a pipe breaks or your how water heater springs a leak, that will also need to be handled ASAP, lest you find yourself dealing with a mold and/or insect problem.
During an unoccupied residence inspection, a reputable home watch professional will look for signs of danger and damage. If they discover something that isn’t a problem today but could likely turn into a problem in the future, they’ll notify you, so you can decide how you’d like to proceed.
What we offer
When you work with Gulf Shore Home Watch & Concierge we will
- Inspect the interior and exterior of your home for wear and tear, damage and insect intrusions
- Check your exterior lighting, patio and porch areas and landscaping to ensure that everything is where it should be. Maintaining your exterior lighting is an important step in preventing home break-ins.
- Inspect your porch / other wooden parts of your home for rot
- Inspect the condition of exterior and interior paint
- We can help schedule maintenance appointments for your HVAC, central AC, water heater and pool equipment as needed.
- Test any and all alarm systems
- Check the home for signs of leaks and/or water damage
- And much, much more!
Call Gulf Shore Home Watch & Concierge today
When it comes to home watch services in Southwest Florida, Gulf Shore Home Watch & Concierge is truly a step above the rest. We’re professional, we’re experienced, and we know what need to be done to ensure your home is cared for in your absence.
For more information on our company and/or the types of services we provide, call us today at 239-289-7294 to learn more.